What is Breath Awareness Meditation?
- Breath awareness meditation focuses completely on your breathing.
- It takes you to the observance of your breathing pattern.
- It will increase your consciousness.
- It will help you to keep your mind in present.
- It relaxes your mind and body.
How to do breath awareness mediation?
- Find a quiet place where no one would be able to disturb you.
- Sit in a comfortable position, spine comfortably erect.
- Do not stretch your body beyond your capacity.
- You can even lie down if you prefer to.
- Play some soothing music if it doesn’t distract your mind. Everyone has their own thing. I personally always prefer to put on music. In the end, I will link to the music I listen to, check out if it helps. There is no hard and fast rule for music or anything. meditation is meant to relax your mind, body and soul, so do what you feel right.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Inhale through the nose, Exhale from the mouth. Do this for at least 10 times.
- Every time you inhale, exhale focus your breath, like when you inhale you will feel the cool air going inside while exhaling feel the warm air coming out.
- If thoughts come, let them come and go at their own pace, you try to focus on your breathing, it will eventually help you to ignore your thoughts.
- Whenever you feel you are done, gently rub your hands and keep it on your eyes and open your eyes with a big smile on your face.
Music I prefer to listen while meditating.
Try this breath awareness meditation at home and let me know in comments how did it make you feel. Share your experience and feel free to ask your doubts. This is my personal way of doing meditation and it really helps me to calm my mind and bring focus in my day to day activities. Do subscribe to this blog, so that you will always be notified by my new post.